(This text will be included in your message)
As Congress finalizes its fiscal year (FY) 2020 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations bill, I urge you to support investments in vital programs and services for children and adults with disabilities, veterans, and older Americans.
I am a supporter of Easterseals, which provides early childhood and education, employment, reintegration, and senior supports to individuals and families across the country. These vital services are often only available through federal programs. As such, you play an important role in ensuring children and adults with disabilities, veterans, older adults, and others have access to the services and supports they need to meet milestones, maintain their health, and live independently in their communities.
Please support that the following investments in the FY 2020 bill:
* Child Care and Development Block Grant Program: no less than $7,676,000,000;
* Early Intervention Grants for Infants and Families Program (IDEA Part C): no less than $491,300,000;
* Head Start and Early Head Start Programs: no less than $11,536,100,000;
* Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program: no less than $60,000,000;
* Lifespan Respite Care Program: no less than $5,500,000;
* Preschool Grants for States Program (IDEA Part B, Section 619): no less than $13,400,000;
* Senior Community Service Employment Program: no less than $463,800,000; and
* Vocational Rehabilitation State Grants Program: no less than $3,752,100,000.
In addition, please support bipartisan efforts to raise the FY 2020 discretionary budget caps to allow for these critical investments.
Thank you for your consideration.