Vaccine exemption rights in New York are even more precarious following the defeat in the primary election held last Thursday of 5 New York State Senators who support vaccine exemptions rights. All five were Democrats defeated by other Democrats. Four of the five co-sponsored S6141d, our bill which would eliminate school districts’ authority to deny religious exemptions from vaccine mandates (just like 46 other states.)
That’s why it is even more important than ever to keep the Autism Action Network fighting for you and your family’s rights in Albany and Washington, DC. We got S6141d introduced, and despite the losses on Thursday, we have won more support so far than for any vaccine rights bill ever in New York. We need to keep going. Working together we can protect your rights and your children. If you value the advocacy, news and information we provide, please help us to continue to do so by making a donation to our one fundraiser of the year we do in conjunction with the Autism Community Walk and Resource Fair 2018 at: https://grouprev.com/autismactionnetwork2018
Checks can be mailed to Autism Action Network, PO Box 236, Long Beach, NY 11561
We are also working hard to stop really bad bills. Here are a few of them:
- S52/A1810 would eliminate religious exemptions just like SB 277 did in California,
- S132 and A933 would make HPV vaccines mandatory to attend school,
- S5611/A2469 allows minors to get STD vaccines (HPV, Hep B) without parental knowledge or consent,
- A1230/S3646 would mandate flu vaccines for all children in pre-school or daycare,
- A3895 eliminates tax deductions for all children who are not-fully vaccinated.
We are a non-partisan organization, but the sad fact is that every one of these bills was introduced by a Democratic member of the Assembly or State Senate and none of them have any Republican co-sponsors, which makes the loss of these pro-vaccine rights Senators even more of a threat.
Please share this message with family and friends, and please share on social networks.