The Autism Action Network brings you information, news and the means to take action on the huge range of issues affecting people with autism and our families, and we have been doing it all at no cost to you since 2005. Once a year we partner with the Autism Community Walk and Resource Fair, and scores of other organizations, to raise the funds necessary to pay for our online advocacy tools, keep our computers working, and the lights on.
If you value the news, information and advocacy opportunities we bring to you please make it possible for us to continue doing so by making a donation to our team at the following link:
We are the only autism organization that has a consistent presence in Albany advocating for families affected by autism on the full-range of issues that directly impact us.
- We consistently fight against the budget cuts for the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and other agencies that serve people with autism, and we were successful in getting an increase this year.
- We fight for the basic police and legal protection for the disabled in residential facilities they have ben denie for too long,
- We are the leading voice in Albany for parental health choice and vaccine rights,
- Our engagement with the Regents and Chancellor Rosa help erode the use of Regents Exams as a barrier to high school graduation for students with IEPs and 504s,
- In the past year we met with all 213 New York State Senators and Assemblymembers, or staff, consistently educating them on the realities of autism and how their decisions impact our community,
- Our advocacy led to the passage of the first bill ever calling on the state to quantify the impact of the autism epidemic.
- And many, many other issues.
We depend on you for everything we do. We are all about grassroots action to make things better, and that only happens when you get involved and speak up for your loved ones with autism. We won’t accept government or corporate money because there are always strings attached, and we won’t compromise our need to speak truth to power. Your support will allow us to remain an independent voice for our community.
Please join us at this year's Autism Community and Resource Fair on Saturday, October 20 at Belmont Lake State Parkway (Exit 38 on the Southern State Parkway) in Babylon, NY. Registration begins at 9, walk at 11, rain or shine. Please join us and Katie Wright, our 2018 Grand Marshall, for a beautiful walk through the autumn woods, and support the folks who support you.
If you prefer to send checks please mail them to:
Autism Action Network
PO Box 236
Long Beach, NY 11561
Please share this message with friends and family, and please post to social networks. Thank you for taking action on the issues, and for your generous support!