ALERT: Changes to Obtaining Personal Belief Exemption in Arizona
The Arizona Department of Health Services is in the process of expediting a new “rule change” that will require parents will to watch an “Immunization Education Course” (up to 90 minutes in length) in order to qualify for a Personal Belief Exemption from vaccine mandates to attend school, as well as “clarify medical conditions” to use for Medical Exemptions.
We have until this Monday, August 6 at 5 pm to remit our comments and letters to the Governor’s Council!!
Please click on the Take Action link to send our comments to the comments. You can leave the comments they are or edit them up to a maximum of approximately 250 words.
You may also send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments.
Talking points include:
1. School has already started and this would be a burden to parents and school officials
2. Undue time burden on parents (up to 90 minutes, potential lack of access to computers)
3. Interference with parental rights as statute defines how exemption can be obtained
4. Lack of Federal HHS oversight on vaccine safety
5. No opportunity to amend certificate of completion defined statements
6. Attempt to influence philosophical, scientific or religious conclusions about vaccines
7. Premise is for ‘benefits of vaccination’ and ‘risks of disease’
There is an opportunity to attend IN PERSON and comment at the Council’s August 7 meeting at 10 am, 100 N. 15th Ave. Room 300, Phoenix.
Link with proposed changes go to R9-6-706 page 4. https://www.azdhs.gov/documents/director/administrative-co...
Please share this message with family and friends and please post to social networks. And if you support the work of the Autism Action Network please support our one fundraising effort of the year by making a tax-deductible donation at https://grouprev.com/autismactionnetwork2018